Sunday, June 28, 2009

Goteborg Weekend

Gotebord weekend went really well, Magnus and I made a 4 hour car drive over to Goteborg, Sweden for a 3 day track meet. It started with my competition on friday which went was alright... it was my first time throwing in such a big stadium. I got second with a throw over 62,50m and the rest of my throws were all right around that so im still hoping for a big throw soon. Just have to make some minor corrections and I think 70m shouldn't be out of the picture. On Saturday we went outside of Goteborg an Magnus had a discus comp, then he also threw in the stadium on Sunday. Both competitions he threw around 51m which he has been throwing for the last month or so. 
Besides the throwing the city was amazing and we spent a lot of time walking around. I met a few new throwers from Oslo that were definately not shy and introduced themselves to me. Thing have been going good and this week we will be getting back to training and working basics. Ill be updating on here more often, sorry I didn't have internet access in Goteborg so thats why I haven't posted in a few days. Thanks for reading miss you all and hope everything is going great.

Sincerely, Jesse

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun on your trip and the people are very nice over there. It also sounds like your hard work is beginning to pay off and progress is being made. Keep up the good work. Even though you are having a grand time, we're sure you must be missing home about now. At least you are with a good family and seems to take care of you as if you were their son. That's way cool. You will definitely have lifetime friends. We're cheering you on from this side of the world. Look forward to your next post.

    Dale, Brenda, Spencer, and Amanda

    ReplyDelete