Saturday, June 20, 2009

Meet update

Hello again, dedicated readers of my "Scandinavian Summer! I have just finish my second track meet of the trip and it was better, but still nothing close to where I want to be. The day was nice with a mix of sunshine and clouds in Lillehammer, Norway. We had a bit of a tail wind to throw with so it was very good. The competition wasn't so good, I ended the day at 61,50m, which was well off of what I came in thinking I could achieve. The warm ups felt amazing! I had both of my full approach warmup throws at 65m maybe and maybe even almost 66m on the second of the two. They felt very rhythmic and relatively easy, maybe going after them a bit... I stayed in on both of them also. So having said that I still believe I can get a good throw off when I'm here. The meet throws were forced and pulled down on (I went back to my old form)! Magnus threw on Friday, which was also a great day to throw, with a good right hand wind for the discus. He ended up at almost 51m. He has been training very hard and is ready to throw big next week! Besides the throwing, the sites were remarkable in Lillehammer. It's where they held the 1994 winter olympics. They have a massive ski jump looking down at the track. It's a beautiful site! I would post a picture of it, but I'm having a bit of trouble with it right now, so ill have to fix it, but I do have pictures! Well thanks for reading the post today. I'll get back to work and try to get after a big throw soon.

2 comments:

  1. Jesse, no worries about distance. You just keep working the technique and then the distance will come! When you were warming up at 65M you were relaxed and working the rythmn and form. During the meet you pressed. Let that be a lesson to you. The technique is what gets it out there, not you making it happen. If you get my meaning. Trust the technique. This is something that is true of all the throws, but I think especially of the javelin. It is so bound by speed, rythmn, and form that one little misque and you loose 5 to 10 meters. Do you agree? Love you and hope that your training is what you are focusing on anyway, not the meets. Just learn as much as you possibly can, Jesse.

    Love,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jesse,

    Just got back Sunday from our campout, so we're catching up with everyone once again. We're "throwing" prayers your direction...no pun intended of course...HA! Glad to know you're taking pictures. Hope someone is taking them of you at your meets and practices. Don't get too discourgaed, keep up the hard work, in time all will pay off. We are so excited that you were able to have this opportunity. The kids say howdy and Dale sent his greetings when he knew I was going to send a message. What did you do on the longest day of the year? Don't tell us you fell asleep! A chance in a million to stay up and see the sun set and then rise within minutes? Have a great time and don't miss your parents too much.

    Take care,
    Dale, Brenda, Spencer, and Amanda

    ReplyDelete