Friday, June 12, 2009

Looking forward

Well hello again! Today I had my first track meet in Oslo, Norway. The meet was a good learning experience for me. I ended up throwing 59m which was not the worst throw in the conditions we had but I was looking forward to throwing around 62 or 63 meters which didn't happen. I felt stiff similar to my first meet of the year back home so I feel like i can for sure improve and throw far once again. The weather was cold and rainy with a light head wind which isn't bad but the rainy weather wasn't good for any of the competition today with everyone throwing well under their best. Although the competition didn't go well I am still having a great time and putting it behind me to look forward to the future and in the mean time have fun in the present because this is all new to me! Magnus throws tomorrow at around 130 so I will be updating on the blog soon enough about his throwing! Hope everyone is doing well back home, hope to hear from you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Jesse, well written. I am sorry about the weather and if there is any throwing event badly effected by the weather it is the javelin. When I went over to Scandanavia I had a hard time getting good marks. My training went all to heck over there. But, you are in one place training in one place, whereas I was always on the move and could not get settled, nor train. Be patient, you will do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse, Just staying on your feet throwing in the rain I would imagine has to be a challenge let alone meeting your goals and expectations under those conditions. I'm sure you will do better as you make adjustments and loosen up. You are certainly dedicated and disciplined which is half the battle. We had overcast but fairly nice temps today with a few showers in the evening. I did a few bicycle rides and your aunt Carla and I walked for an hour at the nearby Tualatin Hills Nature Park. We are trying to get in halfway decent shape for the trip to Europe in two months. Cecelia has most everything all planned and scheduled for us. It should be a great family experience with Julie joining us also. I know you will have many great memories from your stay in beautiful Norway. Keep going for it. Your uncle, John

    ReplyDelete