Friday, June 5, 2009

Time change

Im still getting use to the time difference. Some nights I will sleep 11 or so hours and others just 5 hours. Its frustrating but I'm trying to get use to it so I'm not tried all the time! Today was my day off of training so Magnus and I took his ll year old brother out to teach im some discus  and I just got some basic stretching and jogging in to loosen up because of the soreness that I have experienced from my first real javelin workout.  Magnus is beginning to teach his brother Henrick the basics in discus which is pretty cool to see. Tomorrow I will be doing my first real throwing session with my coach. I'm very excited and hope to preform well although I probably am not going to be a 100 percent because my body is still recovering from workouts. Magnus and I have been playing a lot of Wii video games, and watching the French Open on TV together haha. Lame but pretty fun and it makes the down time when were not working out go by fast. The food is still very good! Also I've been trying to learn some basic norwegian, things like thanks and goodnight. They are simple but the family seems to like it when I try to speak norwegian. His family is very easy to get along with and we have fun together which is important. Nothing has been boring so far! I can't wait to throw in my first meet next week and am hoping to be consistently at 65 meters or so and PR later in the summer once I start to get more explosive. Least thats what I'm hoping! Keep praying for me and I miss you all back home, hope your having a good time.   

2 comments:

  1. Jesse,
    I hate time changes! I love the French Open when I can watch it! Bring back some Norwegian sayings for us to learn. You can email the kids or let your mom and dad know some of the words and they can forward them to the kids. They'd get a kick out of that. Sounds like you are having a great time. We're praying for you and wish you well in your first meet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi "little" nephew, Jesse! I'm certainly glad to read you are already hard at work throwing with Magnus and will soon be in a meet. Keep up the good work and I hope you get that "personal best" in discus and meeting some nice young Norwegian girl. May the ancient Greek god of throwing be always behind you pushing you to your limits...OK, your dad and coach Mac Wilkins already do that...May the ancient Greek god of throwing put air under your discus, javelin, and shot put and make them fly as if they had wings. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for success and safety and enjoying your time in beautiful Norway. Your uncle in Beaverton, John

    ReplyDelete