Sunday, June 14, 2009

Track meet and more

Today Magnus finished up his throwing this weekend with a throw in the shot put of 14.15m. Yesterday he threw the discus 51.37m which is a very good result for him right now. He has been training very hard in the weight room and throwing quite a bit so he was very happy with his throw, also he was consistently over 50m in that competition throwing over 50m 4 times! As for me I have been training and waiting for the next competition which is on Saturday. Im hoping the weather will be nice enough to get a good throw off. In the mean time I will continue to learn and expand my knowledge of the sport. Training today went well, Paul and I did a lot of jumping and tested in the bar jump. I was  able to jump over 165 cm which was a really good result and tomorrow we will be testing in over head and backwards shot, we will also throw tomorrow.

The last couple of days the weather has been very nice here which is good for a change. Magnus and his youngest brother bought an xbox 360 and seem to be very into halo, Video games really aren't my thing so I just sit back and watch haha. The food is still great and they are feeding me a lot so I never feel very hungry! I suppose thats a good thing for me sense I'm so skinny ha. Well I hope everyone is doing great I post back soon enough talk to you all SOON! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a blast over there! The hard work will all pay off in the end. We admire you for your discipline and perseverance. Glad you are getting fun time as well and lots of good food. That will make your mom happy. The kids say hello. Can't wait to hear more later.

    The Lance family

    ReplyDelete