Friday, July 17, 2009

Up and down

After a great week last week in Helsingborg, Sweden this week was a little bit slow. I got back to Magnus' house and sort of took a break from everything that was happening and got back to work in the weight room and in the grass throwing. Even though it's nice staying out in the country with Magnus, its so far away from everything that its hard to do anything exciting when its just the two of us. Although on Thursday I went down to Halden, Norway to do some training in my coaches home town. The weather was nice and we were able to go up to an old Norwegian fortress and then down the the harbor for a beer to relax and watch the sunset. The town was small but very nice the people were wonderful and the food again was very good! I will now concentrate on relaxing and having a good time if I can get out with some of the guys hopefully sometime soon... in the mean time I'm done competing while I'm here so I can concentrate on breaking down the body a little bit and the technique, maybe even get in to do some gymnastics with the best thrower in the world! My coach and I talked about changing my finish into a 5 step instead of 7 step, because its faster and I can transfer the speed better, even though it will take a while to get use to. Its very hard to learn but with time it will happen. Hopefully all is going well all over the States and wherever your reading this from ha. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment