Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

A little late sorry I didn't post last night when it was actually the 4th of July. Well Magnus and I had a meet yesterday in Lillestrom, Norway just 2o min away from his house so it was an easy drive. The weather was very nice and we had a slight tale wind but not much to do anything. The meet went ok I ended up throwing 62,53m not my best but getting closer. That was a good result considering having no really adrenaline or power yesterday. My speed into the javelin was good but the block was lazy and im losing a lot of meters just right there. Magnus ended up throwing the discus 49,43m I believe and came in second. We will be traveling to Helsingborg, Sweden next week and staying in a hotel there. Magnus  leaves tomorrow for the trip with a couple of other thrower in the area so I will be on my own until thursday when I leave with my coach Paul to make the 6 hour drive. Hope all is well back home love you all and miss you very much ill be praying for you all! 
                                                                                                Love, Jesse 

2 comments:

  1. Jesse, sounds like it is going well. You are consistent with your throwing and that is good. Out of that baseline comes the big throws. So, you are on the right track. I am so glad to see you making new friends and connecting with the culture. Don't be home sick! Absorb every waking hour in to your Norway experience. Just be totally present.

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to Garmisch! Fest season starts the last weekend of July! It's a uniquely Bavarian experience, and the beer flows like water!

    ReplyDelete