Sunday, July 19, 2009

Starting Fresh

This summer has been a new journey for me in my life as you all might know. Some days have gone by slow and some fast but the end is soon to come for me here in Norway. The time I have spent here may never be forgotten, I've learned many new things about the sport of javelin throwing. Of course that's why I came here in the first place. But, the one thing that will stick with me forever is the life lessons that I will be taking home with me. First of all, I have learned to live in the present because the future and past is out of the picture... Yes you can learn from the past by using it as a tool to guide the future, but you must live and use the present to make that happen. Secondly, take in all that you can because this will not be here someday. I sit and dwell on the past sometimes. I know I shouldn't and I also think about death quite a bit also, because someday we all have to cope with it. Making the most of what you have and getting the most out of your body is a skill and discipline that most never achieve in life. So, from now on, if you ever see me not getting the most out of myself, remind me, because its my new life goal. Ill also remind you as well if I ever see you getting down on yourself! Last but not least, listening to what others have to say: coaches, elders, people you look up to. This is important to me now, because its how I'm going to get the most out of my body someday. I believe I have one more thing actually... Have fun in the time you are given here in the world, because when you have a smile on your face and are enjoying yourself it will make your goals easier to achieve! At least thats what I think. I see so many serious people out there working so hard for something and never relaxing. And, relaxing is a key ingredient to becoming what you want to become. You will be able to meet more people, talk to people easier, and not get so down on yourself in tough times.

Besides my words of wisdom, haha, I have been enjoying my time at the olympia toppen center learning and breaking down technique a little bit these last few days. Since I'm now finally finished with the longest season ive ever had Im ready to start over with a knew run up and better workout plan to help me become a great thrower someday. Today, Polle and I work on a lot of medicine ball drills and also got into the 5 step rhythm I was telling you all about in my last post. The 5 step rhythm, I believe, is a big step in jumping up maybe another 4 to 5 meters this next year. It will take my full concentration for the next year to really get it right. I'm behind on it because im 20, so that means more work is to be done for me to make it part of my bone marrow. Pray for me! I hope all is well back home love you all and hope you enjoyed the post!

3 comments:

  1. Honey, please go back a proof read this post. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of wisdom for one only 20! Jesse, I want you to know that this specific post is something I will keep reading to Spencer, Amanda too, but Spencer will get the most out of it. You have a lot of depth to you as a person. And, if you don't mind me saying so, you give me a lot of hope as a mom with a 13 year old boy!!!! It's been fun to follow your journey over there and share in all the activities. Thanks for setting up the blog and allowing us to be a part of your life during this very important moment in your story. Will look forward to seeing you again at some point after your return.

    Brenda for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Now it is almost only one and half weeks left of your stay in Norway. I think it will be good for you to meet friends and family again.

    If you visit a neighbour or if you travel to another country, it is always different than being in his own house.
    I always thought it was exciting to see how other people live, what they like or do not like. It is also exciting to participate in other familys life. Participate in the daily activities. Only then do you get the knowledge of the culture in the house, family or country you visit. It is what you make yourself, which is used to determine all the experience.

    My English is not so good, but it would imagine being some wise words.

    Lillan

    ReplyDelete