Thursday, July 2, 2009

Finding hope...

These past few days I have really been looking forward to the up coming events of this weekend. Practice the last few days wasn't what I hoped it would turn out to be even  though towards the end of throwing yesterday things were starting to look up as my coach Paul Solberg and I found something that might be good for me in the long run. It's a secret though so, can't tell ya ;). haha Tomorrow night is the Bislett games where all of the worlds best javelin throwers will be going to throw, also some of the other worlds best in other events. This should be a wonderful experience and well help me to simply find hope in myself that I can one day be a great thrower. Being around this atmosphere is a great feeling! Just the other day as I was walking up the steps out of the weight room I past a popular gothic band lead singer and a man next to him with his hat on and talking his dog. As I looked back I realized that the man I had just pasted was Andreas Thorkildsen the best javelin thrower in the world. A smile arose on my face giving me a glimpse of hope towards the future. I was amazed but not in shock, it was just an amazing feeling to look back and see him and think "wow I love being a javelin thrower and this is what I wanna do!" 
        Days have been going by really slowly because I've been bored waiting for the bislett games and the Javelin Gala on saturday which should be a great contest for me to get back on track and set a PB in scandinavia. Hope all is well and home and training is well here but the days are long haha. I'm missing all my friends back home but will see you soon Love yall have a great time till I speak to you again.

PS pray for me in the javelin gala!

3 comments:

  1. OK Jesse, I'll be praying for you! How exciting to see Thorkildsen and so glad that you are doing what you want to be doing. We can call that a blessing from the Lord! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse, this was a great post. Thanks for letting us in to your mind and heart.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesse,
    It is really inspiring and encouraging to be an atmosphere of something you truly enjoy. Hang on to that hope and feeling of enthusiasm. It will carry you through the difficult times when you get discouraged. I speak from experience, but from a drastically different world than yours. Concerts, piano competitions, hearing great pianists, etc. would always inspire me to continue. Competing can be exciting and thrilling, but it can also be your own worst enemy. Continue enjoying your dream and be encouraged in your progress, even if it is small. You're doing great from the sounds of things and we're really proud of you.

    Take care,
    Brenda for us all (I had to write for the rest of them because the boys left for Boy Scout Summer Camp about an hour ago).

    ReplyDelete